Tuesday 15 December 2009

23rd Nov


The work I’m making now reminds me of yoshimoto nara a bit, I want to emulate the way he paint’s very simple forms very deilicately, with the images I’m making now the temptation is to make the more complicated/detailed but I think refined simplicity is best. Also the soft diffused light he gets from paint

also relevant are Emory Douglas and Barry McGee, both use beautifully sculpted black line and a limited palate. Also Margaret Kilgallen.

today me and max also spent a bit of time finalizing our crate sculpture/walls, we put it together and it seems sturdy enough, tonight the wood is drying out and tomorrow night we can move it into the venue for construction. The wood is definitely quite rough but it’s texture and physical presence is really dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment